Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Boundaries

My big goal/prayer in life has been boundaries. I knew what it meant, but I had absolutely know idea how to make them. Prayer is amazing and God never lets us down. I have been so amazed and very thankful that He is showing me everything I need to know. I am about share what He has taught me.

First of all I believed this lie; it is rude to stand up for yourself. I thought "turn the other cheek" was the "right" thing to do. The Bible really tells us something very different. When did Jesus say "turn the other cheek"? Never! What a lie I told myself. The pages of the new testament are filled with stories of Jesus doing just the opposite. Jesus was not a door mat and He has shown me He doesn't want me to be one either. Why did it have to take 40 years to figure that out?

Then next thing I learned is I only have 24 hours a day. I can't continue to fit 30 hours in a day. I can't continue to burn the candle at both ends and in the middle. Now don't get me wrong, I will always be a busy person. That is just how I am. I am happy being busy. What I am beginning to learn is I have to seek God's direction on what He wants me to do in the 24 hours He gives me. I feel less stressed doing the things God wants me to do and not all the things I THINK I need to do.

Boundaries mean I DON'T HAVE TO BE PERFECT! Yes, I said it!

I love people. Just love to love on people. But, there is only one of me. I want to help and love all the people I can. How am supposed to decide who I can and can't spend time with? Guess what? I don't have to. My God is doing that for me. I have found there are a lot of people that like to talk about what they need/want to do. Or what they know they should do. Well, God is showing me the people that get off the couch are the people that are ready to make a life change. I am going to spending my time on people that are not sitting on the couch waiting. My life would not have changed if I sat on the couch talking about changing.

God has also taught me that I don't have to do it myself. He brings people in to my life that help me do His work. Oh, how I love my God!!!!

Boundaries! They are a good thing!!!!

1 comment:

Essie said...

You are not the da momma I knew a year ago! I am so glad that you have set up healthy boundaries. Thank you for being a wonderful example! I love you!