Today begins a new day. A New journey. Every day is a journey, but today is different. Today Dennis and I being a new journey God has asked us to go on.
It is exciting! But, what is excitement?
1. to arouse or stir up the emotions or feelings of: to excite a person to anger; actions that excited his father's wrath.
2. to arouse or stir up (emotions or feelings): to excite jealousy or hatred.
3. to cause; awaken: to excite interest or curiosity.
4. to stir to action; provoke or stir up: to excite a dog by baiting him.
5. Physiology . to stimulate: to excite a nerve.
6. Electricity . to supply with electricity for producing electric activity or a magnetic field: to excite a dynamo.
7. Physics . to raise (an atom, molecule, etc.) to an excited state.
Excitement is scary; there is an unknown element to it. But, God tells us we have nothing to fear. When He asks us to do something He also equips us with the ability to accomplish what He asks us to do.
I want to be where God wants me to be. I want to walk with excitement and be filled with joy on the journey He takes me on. I am going to stop and smell the roses and not rush to the finish line. That is the most exciting part. He wants to show me new things and I will miss them if I rush ahead of Him. I will not rush, I will not get impatient, I will not fear. I will walk the walk He intended for me.
God wants to raise me to a new place. He wants to stimulate part of my spirit I never knew existed. I am going to let Him stir up any emotion I have so I can be all He wants me to be.
Thank you Lord for taking me out of my comfort zone so you can do a new work in me and through me.